domingo, 10 de mayo de 2009

MY PORTFOLIO PRESENTATION

By now, we are reaching the end of our school time. It’s been a hard work but I’ve enjoyed all this years at IES Castelló d’Empúries.

My English 2007-2009

My portfolio contains evidence of my improvement of the English language.
Comparing my first composition (email to teacher) and my last one (influence of psychologists…) I can see a great improvement on my writings. The vocabulary is more extended, I have more fluency, there is a better sentence structure and better command of the tenses,…and also, the content is more mature.
The main difference for me is the fluency, because I remember my rhythm while writing the first email and while writing the last composition, and I must say that for me it’s much easier to think in English and I write faster than before.

My English skills in 2009

This year we have had the opportunity to show our oral and written evidences to our class mates and teachers, but now it’s time to think about it.
For me, my best oral evidence was the oral presentation I did for my research project (I don’t have a video because I was a bit nervous and I rejected the option of having a camera in front of meJ ). I think that it was my best oral presentation of these two years. Of course I was nervous and I confused some words but in my opinion my vocabulary was mature and I did it quite fluent.
About my best oral evidence I would choose as the best one in which I’m speaking about “Rebecca”, the book I read for our oral reader exam. I wrote that composition really secure of what I was doing and the vocabulary and expressions I used are quite mature and not so “Catalan”. When I say: “not so Catalan”, I mean that in my first compositions the structure was so literal from Catalan and now, they seem more “English writing”.

1 comentario:

KST TEACHERS dijo...

Great refection, Marina congratulations!!
It's true that your maturity when writing is very good now and that's something really difficult to achieve.

Good luck in the future!!